Founded in 1974 by Bob Taylor and Kurt Listug, Taylor is one of the best manufacturers of premium acoustic guitars. Best known for blending modern and innovative techniques with flawless craftsmanship, Taylor acoustic guitars are popular for their best sound quality and easy playability. The well-reputed guitar brand is also famous for using computer mills, lasers, and high tech tools. Taylor 210ce Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar is one of the best acoustic-electric guitars with a classic appearance and excellent features.
Taylor 210ce plus Acoustic Guitar Review
- 6-string Acoustic-electric with Spruce Top
- Mahogany Neck
- ES2 Electronics – Natural
- Ebony Fingerboard
- Rosewood Back Sides
The Taylor 210ce Plus comes with a traditional larger dreadnought shape that offers a decent dose of low-end warmth and projection. The solid top, along with the crisp high end, makes it one of the best acoustic-electric guitars for different styles of music. It is made with layered rosewood back and sides which are perfectly blended with the solid Sitka spruce top. Such a tonewood combination offers room-filling projection and a versatile sonic profile for a variety of musical settings. The Taylor 210ce neck is manufactured from tropical mahogany, and the fretboard is flawlessly crafted from West African ebony. Other notable features include black binding, Taylor nickel tune, revolutionary ES2 electronics, lightweight AeroCase, and a glossy finish.
The Taylor 210ce Plus acoustic guitar is made with East Indian rosewood back and sides. In fact, Bob Taylor ranks it one of the best tonewoods available. This tonewood carries a frequency range at each end of the tonal spectrum, thus making it one of the most famous and musically rich tonewoods.
Also, it is famous for its deep lows and bright, exceptional notes. The soundboard is made from Sitka spruce which offers an ultimate range to facilitate a variety of playing styles.
Taylor’s ES2 Electronics
Taylor’s revolutionary Expression System 2 pickup design comes with a patented behind-the-saddle pickup. This pickup system has three uniquely positioned and calibrated pickup sensors. Such configuration is ideal for the tone to ring through clearly.
No matter whether you are playing plugged in or acoustically, the tone is crystal clear as the saddle bottom comes in full contact with its bridge. Thanks to the custom-design professional audio-grade preamp by Taylor that the ES2 electronics produce excellent amplified tone and responsiveness.
Dreadnought Shape and Venetian Cutaway
The dreadnought shape of the Taylor 210ce Plus captures the bright tone Guitar Center flatpickes along with the strummers crave. Also, the Venetian cutaway sports smooth, round lines and offers easy access to the highest fret. One of the best features of the Taylor 210ce Plus acoustic guitar is the tropical neck and the African ebony fingerboard that offers excellent playability and response.
This acoustic guitar also comes with appealing features for guitar lovers including a forward pattern bracing for excellent resonance support. It also has a black body binding along with a full-body gloss finish. Though the Taylor 210ce is lightweight but durable and comes with a new AeroCase to protect the guitar during portability and storage.
Other notable features include a Taylor 18:1 tuning machines, 4mm dot Italian acrylic inlays, a Micarta wave saddle and NuBone net, and the West African ebony headstock overlay.
- Body type: Taylor Dreadnought
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Cutaway: Yes – Venetian
- Body finish: Gloss
- Top wood: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Standard 2 Bracing (Forward Shift Pattern)
- Back & sides: Layered East Indian Rosewood
- Pickup/preamp: Expression System 2 Professional-Audio-Grade
- Preamp EQ: Volume, Active Bass and Treble
- Configuration: Behind-the-Saddle Transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Feedback filter: Onboard Phase Switch
- Tuner: None
- Neck shape: Standard Taylor Profile
- Neck finish: Satin
- Nut width: 1 11/16 inch (42.8 mm)
- Scale length: 25 1/2″
- Fingerboard: Genuine African Ebony
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck wood: Tropical mahogany
- Country of origin: Mexico
- Headstock overlay: Genuine West African Ebony
- Special features: Black Binding, Elixir Phosphor-Bronze Medium Gauge Strings
- Tuning machines: Nickel Tuners with Nickel Buttons
- Saddle & nut: Micarta “Wave” Saddle; NuBone Nut
- Bridge: Genuine African Ebony
- Case: AeroCase
- Number of strings: 6
- Additional Accessories: None
Pros & Cons
- Excellent Sound
- Easy Playability
- Comes with AeroCase
- Lightweight and Durable
- Best Acoustic Guitar for Professionals
- High Price